Saturday, March 9, 2013

FlaminCatDesigns

You name or Shopid *
FlaminCatDesigns
Which PODs do you work with? (in no particular order *
  • cafepress
  • zazzle
  • imagekind
  • inktastic
How long have you been working with PODs? *
1-2 years
What is the best thing about working with PODs *
I love sharing my photos and it has been a delight to be able to put them on products. I enjoy playing with my graphics programs and create designs either with my photos or from scratch. Doing POD work keeps me very busy and I enjoy being busy. I love being able to do things at any time day or night. The POD community online has been an inspiration and a lot of help as I have gone through quite a learning process. I guess I can't pin it down to just one best thing, it is the experience as a whole that I enjoy.
How many hours do you spend on your POD(s) - including designing, adding & promoting - on average *
40-50 hours per week
what would you say to another POD artist who is struggling and in need of motivation? *

I think it is typical of anyone working in this POD world to get frustrated from time to time, maybe more of the time for some. I try to trade off between spending time promoting with time creating designs and adding to products and with blogging time. Breaking up the tasks helps me a lot. If I focus too much on making sales I get really frustrated.
When someone buys something I am happy to see what they bought. It is a really great feeling to know that someone liked something I created enough to buy it.
If you don't enjoy creating the images for your products then you probably will not enjoy this kind of business in the long run. I think you should stick to what you enjoy creating and keep filling up your shops. The more variety you have, the more chance that you will attract someone to buy your creations.

Do you have any formal training or education in POD related fields? *
  • No - I am self taught
If I won the super jackpot lottery tomorrow I would... *
Keep working my POD's for fun
My zazzle stores are:


Want to know how we made this work? Check Out Wufoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment