Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Western Spirit Designs

Your Name - or Shop Name - This will appear as your blog post title *
Western Spirit Designs
What advice that you received as a shopkeeper or learned from trial and error - would you like to pass on to someone else? *

Whoa, there's loaded question... with a loaded answer!
* I'd say keep designing new creations and uploading new products, be determined to build a large inventory. The more products you have in your store, the more likely it is to have your work seen.
* Give your products names that describe the product, be thorough in desriptions and remember the first 5 tags are MOST important to a search engine like Google finding your products. For example: If you have a mug with a grape vine and a scripture verse on it... don't call it just a "scripture mug" or just a "grapes mug"... call it "Grape Vines Scripture Inspirational mug". Then in your description, list the scripture verse used, and mention grapes and vines again, and use the word "inspirational" again too. Same with the tags... scripture, inspirational, grapes, vines, vine, grape, bible, etc.
* Always know if it is alright if you are going to use someone elses work (Public Domain images, etc.)... know the copyright and read the fine print. This rule will keep you out of potentially serious trouble. :)
* ...and if you're not having fun at it or your muse goes on temporary vacation... mine has plenty of times... just walk away for awhile. You'll always come back with freash ideas.

How often do you add new products or designs? *
Several times a week, but not every day
If you came into $100,000 tomorrow what would you do with it? *
Wow, only $100K? LOL! Why not a Million? Ok, Ok.... I'm not greedy... I can just do so much with more! :)

* #1. First and formost... I'd take 10% right off the top and give it to a good charity. And that in itself would take some serious thought. There are so many.

* INVEST a good portion of it.

* Put a hefty down payment on my lifelong dream: a small cottage in the country with a studio and a couple (3-5) acres so I can grow my own food and be fairly self sufficient. :)
What is the last product you added to your store? *
What would you do if you saw an actor on TV wearing one of your shirts, or one of your products on the set of a popular Tv show or movie? *
Do the *Happy Dance* all over the place! LOL!
Do you have any formal art or computer training? *
No, I taught myself
What programs do you use to create your designs? What do you like about them? *

Oh boy... you're all gunna laugh.

For 10 years I worked only with Windows MicroGraphix DRAW 6 and drew everything in that program with my mouse.

Now, in just the past year or so...after finally purchasing a Wacom Tablet, I am learning Corel DRAW, Adobe PhotoShop Elements and just started getting to know Paint Shop Pro 9

I love being able to draw on a flat surface as I see my creation come to life on the screen before me, I love using the various "brushes", I love being able to easily make transparent images and frames and oh golly... I could go on and on. It just blows me away the technology and how far it's come just in the past few years.

________________

By the way, the question about what's my favorite shop on Zazzle... ha! It's IMPOSSIBLE to choose, but Alan Heuer is a special favorie of mine.... he's so talented!

Other than your own shop(s) - what 1 shop on zazzle created by someone else, is your absolute favorite? *
List your shops: *

No comments:

Post a Comment