Saturday, June 22, 2013

GetYerGoat UTeezSF

You name or Shopid *
GetYerGoat UTeezSF
Which PODs do you work with? (in no particular order *
  • cafepress
  • zazzle
  • other not listed
How long have you been working with PODs? *
8+years
What is the best thing about working with PODs *

The best thing about working with Print on Demand companies is Being able to work from home on my own time and offers me to be creative with no restrictions on what to create or what day to create them - in addition gives me satisfaction that someone somewhere enjoys my art enough to purchase it for themselves or as a gift. I can explore many topics and styles of art when in the creative mood to do so. I have been fortunate to sell enough product to completely support myself and my household, including caring for my animals. While I technically do not make even minimum wage, the freedom it provides me to work at home is a great trade off.

How many hours do you spend on your POD(s) - including designing, adding & promoting - on average *
60+hours per week
what would you say to another POD artist who is struggling and in need of motivation? *

Do not give up , find a niche to create designs for (something you are familiar with or have a passion for) and promote promote promote. There is money to be made and people are making a good income form PODs - but you need to have quality art and make sure when it is placed on products it fits well - use good key words and write good descriptions. Use your blogs, and any type of networking avenues you can use - twitter, facebook, squidoo, stumbleupon, pinterest - you get the idea. Make pages for your products at Facebook and talk about the topic. When you get a mental block on what to create, think about what holiday is coming up in the next few months and design for that. Usually artists design for Holidays seasons before they come due, to give them time to get spidered by google - so while you may not feel like Christmas in July, it is a pretty good time to design for it. Most of all do not get discouraged.

Do you have any formal training or education in POD related fields? *
  • No - I am self taught
If I won the super jackpot lottery tomorrow I would... *
Keep working my POD's for fun
My zazzle stores are:


Want to know how we made this work? Check Out Wufoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment