Saturday, February 23, 2013

HahpiStuff

You name or Shopid *
HahpiStuff
Which PODs do you work with? (in no particular order *
  • cafepress
  • zazzle
  • greeting card universe
  • mysoti
  • redbubble
  • wordans
  • fine art america
How long have you been working with PODs? *
6-8 years
What is the best thing about working with PODs *

PODs are great because you can create and sell wonderful high quality products without having to keep inventory. This is a big plus, especially for shopkeepers who live in smaller houses or apartments. Unlike your typical freelance jobs, you can create when you have time and can do as little or as much as you want.

I haven't been nearly as active on my stores the last few years, but that is about to change. I really miss creating new products and promoting them on various websites. I always get excited (and yes, a bit overwhelmed) when new products are released. The excitement and the sales keep me going :)

How many hours do you spend on your POD(s) - including designing, adding & promoting - on average *
under 5 hours per week
what would you say to another POD artist who is struggling and in need of motivation? *

Don't give up NO MATTER WHAT. Every creative has their moments of doubt. It happens to all of us. Sometimes we compare ourselves to others and feel like we aren't as good therefor we should quit. NEVER feel this way! Every artist/creative has their own spin that they put on things that makes their creations unique (okay, *almost* every artist/creative. That doesn't apply to those who troll other peoples' shops and then copy exactly what they do just to make a sale. We all know they are out there. Don't be like that!) When I am having a down day, I go through my computer files and look at my favorite designs. Or I go to my stores and look at my best sellers to remind myself that there have to be some people out there who enjoy my work or they wouldn't have purchased it. Another biggie is to be yourself, no matter what. I have been told most of my life "If you can stop being so creepy and make more cheerful thi ngs, you might sell more." That might be true, but if I'm not feeling it, I'm not going to do it. Art is about more than just sales. It is an expression of yourself, about what you are feeling at the time, who you are. Don't ever allow yourself to give that up just for a few greenbacks. It isn't worth it.

Do you have any formal training or education in POD related fields? *
  • No - I am self taught
If I won the super jackpot lottery tomorrow I would... *
Keep working my POD's for fun
My zazzle stores are:


No comments:

Post a Comment